We’ve been working flat-out at BARC HQ campaigning to stop the Badger Cull from taking place in Gloucestershire and Somerset. So busy in fact that we’ve forgotten to update the website in a while! Here are some recent news stories related to our favourite black and white critters:
- This Is Gloucestershire reports that “Hunt sabateurs” (whoever they are!) are recruiting a “new army” to halt the Badger Cull;
- The Forest of Dean District Council has banned the culling of Badger’s on it’s land reports The Independent;
- Warning posters highlighting the dangers of live shooting Badgers have appeared in Gloucestshire according to the BBC;
- Tory rag The Telegraph reports: “Badger cull could be delayed as opponents intensify campaign“;
- SchNEWS, the nation’s favourite independent, activist, radical weekly news sheet, has published a brilliant article on the cull and how you can get involved in stopping it;
- The BBC reports that Tewkesbury Borough Councillors voted against a motion supporting the government backed cull on their land;
- The Daily Mail (more commonly known as the Daily Fail) published a sensationalist article about “How the badger cull protest has been hijacked by violent extremists” in a brilliant piece of journalistic gold that is sure to scare off more farmers than any animal rights group combined!
- And finally, in lighter news, Gloucestershire Police have banned all holiday during the proposed badger cull claims the BBC.
The Badger Cull could start any time within the next few weeks if we don’t stop it! There is still lots to be done both in the field and at home. Visit the Stop The Cull website for more information and to find out what you can to do help save Badgers right now. You can also contact Bristol Animal Rights Collective and get involved with our campaigns!